Compiled the content from various sources: Pravachanas, Books, Mailing Lists, and Monthly Magazines.
I would like to thank all the sources for enlightening.
Trivikrama – ತ್ರಿವಿಕ್ರಮ
ನಿತ್ಯಂ ಪದ್ಮಗದಾಶಂಖಸಹಿತಶ್ಚಿತ್ತೇ ಮಮ ತ್ರಿವಿಕ್ರಮೋ
Nityam PadmagadhAshaMkhasahitaschitE mama trivikramO
||Trivikrama the name has several meaning, and few of them are:
- The lord who measured all the three worlds (with his single step)
- God of three strides
- Upholder of law and giver of boons
- In the three lokas (bur, buvar, and suvar)
- One who has conquered (stands above) the three gunas (qualities – sattva, rajas, and tamas), or one who does not have any dosha of trigunas.
- For Devas, Manushyas, and Dhanavas, he provides sristi, stiti, and laya and he is above this.
- Since the Lord pervades the three worlds- Vaikunta, Anantaasana, Svetadvipa – and is specially immanent (therein), He is named Trivikrama
- In all the three worlds, has over powered the three states: a. AdhyAtma- Concerning the SELF (soul); b. Adhibhuta- Concerning five elements (panchabootha) pR^ithvi (Earth), appu (Water), tEjas (Fire), AkAsha (Sky) & vAyu (Air); c. Adhidaiva: Concerning divine deities.
- Though remaining in the body of the person, He has no change of form, is not encompassed by the elements and has special powers to annihilate the enemies.
Vamana – ವಾಮನ
ಯುಕ್ತಸ್ತಿಷ್ಠತು ಶಂಖಚಕ್ರಗದಯಾ ಪದ್ಮೀ ಸದಾ ವಾಮನ
YuktastiShtatu shankachakragadayA padmI sadA vAmana:
||The name Vamana has several meaning, and few of them are:
- Vamana means sundara, dwarf, handsome among all those beautiful
- Supplier of things born out of His desire
- He is the one who pushed Bali to patala loka
- Vamana teaches us that arrogance and pride should be abandoned if any advancement in life is to be made, and that wealth should never be taken for granted since it can so easily be taken away
- Motivator of all desires
Sridhara – ಶ್ರೀಧರ
ವಂದೇ ಶ್ರೀಧರಮಬ್ಜಚಕ್ರಗದಯಾ ಶಂಖೇನ ಚಾಲಂಕೃತೋ
vandE sridharamubjachakragadayA shankHEna chAlankruthO
||The name Sridhara has several meaning, and few of them are:
- One who has SriLakshmi in his heart (ಶ್ರೀಯಮ್ ಧರತೀ ಯಃ ಸಃ) – He who supports Lakshmi
- Possessor of vigour & energy
- ‘Dhah’ denotes bearing; ‘Rah’ stands for giving blissful joy. Since the Lord by bearing (on His chest) SriH [Lakshmi] gives her pleasure.
Note: The Lord has no need for deriving joy from any external being or source, since he is ‘svaramana’ and ‘ApatakAma’; it is SriH instead who derives joy by being seated on His chest, without ever becoming a ’cause’ or ‘source’ for the Lord to experience joy.
24 Roopas associated with different waterbodies of karmabhoomi (India), Except for the Vasudevadi four roopas.
Harapanahalli Bheemavva’s Keshavanama lali pada (ಹರಪನಹಳ್ಳಿ ಭೀಮವ್ವನವರ ಕೇಶವನಾಮ ಲಾಲಿ ಪದ)
ಹಿಡಿ ಕೇಶವ ಕೃಷ್ಣ ನಾರಾಯಣನ
ಕೊಡು ಮಾಧವ ಗೋವಿಂದ ವಿಷ್ಣುನ್ನ
ಕಡಲಶಯನನಾದ ತಕ್ಕೋ ಮಧುಸೂದನನ
ಕಡುಬ್ಯಾಗದಲಿ ತಾರೆ ತ್ರಿವಿಕ್ರಮನ ಜೋ ಜೋ ||೧||
ವಾಮನ ಶ್ರೀಧರ ಹೃಷಿಕೇಶನ
ಕಾಮಿಸಿ ನೀ ಕೊಳ್ಳೆ ಪದ್ಮನಾಭನ್ನ
ದಾಮೋದರ ಶ್ರೀ ಸಂಕರುಷಣನ
ಕೋಮಲಾಂಗಿ ತಾರೆ ವಾಸುದೇವನ್ನ ಜೋ ಜೋ ||೨||
ಪ್ರದ್ಯುಮ್ನ ಅನಿರುಧ್ಧ ಪುರುಷೋತ್ತಮನ
ಮುದ್ದು ಆದೊಕ್ಷಜ ನಾರಸಿಂಹಾಚ್ಯುತನ
ಸದ್ಯೋ ಜನಾರ್ಧನ್ನ ಕೊಂಡು ಉಪೇಂದ್ರನ್ನ
ಸದ್ಯತಾರಹರಿ ಭೀಮೆಶಕೃಷ್ಣನ ಜೋ ಜೋ ||೩||